It’s been a long time coming—more than two and a half years, in fact—but the ARRL has finally published another issue of the newsletter for instructors and teachers. It’s now called Radio Waves, and the October 2013 issue contains articles on:
- teaching amateur radio in elementary school,
- the new band chart of Tech-only privileges,
- an exam-prep game modeled on the game show Jeopardy,
- the upcoming 2014 update to the Technician Class question pool, and
- 2013 licensing statistics.
Unfortunately, the majority of the issue is devoted to the ARRL’s Education and Technology Program, which sponsors programs for classroom teachers. I may be missing something here, but while I think that these are useful programs, they have little value for instructors teaching amateur radio classes.
At any rate, let’s hope that it doesn’t take the ARRL another two and a half years before they publish another issue of this newsletter.