On our club mailing list, a guy who doesn’t get on HF very often suggested that each Field Day station have a cheat sheet containing the following:
- a list of bands for that particular station,
- a band plan showing the frequencies that can be operated,
- a list of the antennas are connected to the radio in the station,
- some simple instructions on how to setup and operate the radio at that station, including how to tune the antenna if a non-resonant antenna and tuner are being used, and
- instructions on how to use the logging program, including how to change the operator.
In addition, I would suggest for the Get on the Air station (GOTA), if you’re running one, a script that operators simply have to read when making contacts.
Any other thoughts?