Part of what makes ham radio so special is the spirit of sharing. Unfortunately, many hams are hesitant to share because they’re not confident in their presentation skills. This article, “How to Give a Lousy Presentation,” on BusinessWeek.Com just might help. Communications skills coach Carmine Gallo lists 15 of the worst things to do when giving a presentation. Here are the eight that I found the most appropriate:
- Misspell words.
- Create distracting color combinations.
- Use a really small font size.
- Look completely and totally disinterested.
- Look disheveled.
- Read every word of each slide.
- Don’t practice.
- Open with an offensive or off-color joke.
Make your next club presentation a really good one. Read the complete article on the BusinessWeek.com website.