Thanks to Ig, N0EFT, and his crew:
- Tim, WA8VTD, back up radio operator;
- Steve, KB9UPS, ARISS mentor and antenna and az/el rotor operator;
- Olivia, KC8VGH, who handled the microphone and kids; and
- Candy. KD8IPC, who made the initial contact and helped with the kids;
yesterday’s Space Station contact from the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum was a success. Despite the low orbit (21 degrees), the contact lasted nearly nine minutes and they were able to ask 14 questions.
I hope to post video later, but in the meantime, here are a couple of news stories:
- Ann Arbor Chronicle: To Infinity and Beyond: Ann Arbor talks to an astronaut on the International Space Station. This article is the better of the two. It includes a paragraph or two on our station at the museum.
- Kids at Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum talk by radio with astronaut on International Space Station. This story has a little more technical detail on the QSO, but fails to mention our museum station.