This just in from our Section Manager….Dan
Here is an important update from our State Government Liaison, Ed Hude, WA8QJE on the status of the PRB-1 project here in Michigan.
On September 17, 2013, Senators Rick Jones and David Robinson introduced Senate Bill Number 493. The bill was referred to the Committee on Energy and Technology. Currently, Senate Bill 493 has not been acted upon and is still in the Committee on Energy and Technology.
This is where I need your help. I am asking that each and every one of you contact the Committee Chair, Mike Nofs and the Committee Members to encourage them to take action on this bill. The best way for this to happen is by sending an email message to Senator Nofs and to the members of the Energy and Technology Committee.
The following is a suggestion as to what to include in your message. If you deviate from this message, please be respectful and communicate in a professional tone. Here are the email addresses to use and instructions on how to get your message to the Senators of the committee.
- Senator Mike Nofs: email@example.com
- Senator John Proos: SenJProos@senate.michigan.gov
- Senator Rick Jones: SenRJones@senate.michigan.gov
- Senator Jim Marleau: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senator Tonya Schuitmaker: (Phone 517 373-0793) [web contact form]
- Senator Howard Walker: (Phone 517-373-2413) [web contact form]
- Senator Hoon-Yung Hopgood: (Phone 517 -373-7800) [web contact form]
- Senator Steven M Bieda: (Phone 517-373-8360) [web contact form]
- Senator Coleman Young II: (Phone 517-373-9320) [web contact form]
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF THERE IS A LINK TO A WEB CONTACT FORM AFTER THE SENATOR’S NAME, YOU MUST GO TO THEIR WEBSITE TO SEND THE MESSAGE. ALTERNATELY, YOU CAN SEND A FAX OR WRITTEN LETTER.
You do not need to be a licensed operator to send this message. Even your spouse can send a message. (Just be sure to not place a call sign in the signature if he/she is not an amateur.) Let’s work together and get this moving forward!!! Thank you.
SUBJECT: SB 0493
I am asking that you please give consideration to scheduling SB 0493 for review and passage within the Committee of Energy and Technology. Senate Bill 0493 if passed will recognize the Federal Communications Commission pre-emption of PRB-1. This will help all licensed Amateur Radio Operators across the State of Michigan, especially in the times of needed emergency communications. Your assistance as well as that of the Committee members is urgently needed.
(Name) (Call sign)