I just received two batches of QSLs: one from the ARRL Bureau and one from the FISTS QSL Bureau. Both contained a few goodies:
- One card in the batch from Fists was from AA4NO. In addition to being an interesting caricature of Bill at his operating position, it adds to my collection of card from stations whose calls spell words.
- Two cards from Europe--F6EVN and HB9CRO–featured cartoons of gentlemen at the controls. They are quite amusing.
- I got two cards from Japan–JA1LZR and JG2LGM/QRP. JG2LGM notes that he was running only 5W from a homebrew transmitter into a two-element quad.
- The package from Fists contained a card from EI7GW, which is the Fists club station in Ireland.
- I also received two cards from Finland. The QSLs from Finland, Ireland, and Japan are the first cards from those countries since I got back on the air two years ago.
- K8HBI QSLed a contact we had on January 13, 2004. Since he lives in FL, he couldn’t help but rub it in that the weather was so much better down there. This card is also interesting in that his son, K9HBI, recently got his ticket and just joined our club. Now, we’ve got to work on the son to get him on CW.
These cards are really starting to pile up, and I’m going to have to get one of those organizers to keep them all straight.