The Executive Committee of the ARRL Board of Directors is going to meet this Saturday. Some of the interesting items on the agenda include:
- Review of ARRL Policy Regarding Repeater Coordination
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations; Impact on Amateur Satellite Service
- Consideration of defensive strategy for the 2300-2305 MHz band
- Strategic planning: discussion of options
Download the complete agenda. The Executive Committee is a subset of the entire board. This year the committee has the following members:
- West Gulf Director David Woolweaver, K5RAV;
- Rocky Mountain Director Brian Mileshosky, N5ZGT;
- Midwest Director Cliff Ahrens, K0CA;
- Northwestern Director Jim Fenstermaker, K9JF,
- Central Director Dick Isely, W9GIG.
- President Craigie,
- First Vice President Roderick, and
- Chief Executive Officer David Sumner, K1ZZ
According to the ARRL website:
Among its duties, the Executive Committee is responsible for applying existing Board policy to make decisions between Board meetings; evaluating proposed rules and regulatory changes for the Board, reviewing and recommending to the Board any changes in the ARRL Articles of Association, By-Laws, Standing Orders, and Memoranda of Understanding with other organizations; monitoring progress of Board actions and recommendations, and reviewing and recommending programs designed to represent the organization to the public, enhance the organization’s image and communicate with the media.
Feel free to contact any or all of the committee members above, or your division’s director, if you have a comment on any of the issues.