It seems kind of trite to write something like this at this time of year, but I am truly thankful for ham radio:
- First of all, I’m thankful that my parents encouraged me when I took up radio as a hobby (or at least looked the other way when I did some of the crazy things that I did).
- I’m thankful for all the challenges that ham radio has presented me and all the enjoyment I’ve gotten from it for the last 36 years.
- I’m thankful for the Elmers I’ve had along the way that have helped me achieve things in ham radio.
- I’m thankful for all the men and women in my club, who make being a member so much fun.
- I’m thankful for the folks that participate in the amateur radio mailing lists that I subscribe to. They’ve made my life easier for sure.
- I’m thankful for the reviews section of eHam.net. The reviews give me a bit more peace of mind when purchasing something via the Internet.
- I’m thankful for all the interesting and friendly folks I’ve met on the air. Ham radio is about communicating with other people, after all.
I’m sure I’ve missed something. What else should I be thankful for? What are you thankful for?